Call for PhD Symposium
The FIT 2015 PhD Symposium will provide a unique opportunity for PhD students, working in all areas of Information and Communication Technology to present their ongoing research work to renowned and experienced researchers. The objective of the PhD symposium is to provide a platform, where students can expose, discuss, and evaluate their ideas by interacting with the experts from similar domains. Moreover, students can create a network by establishing a supportive community of researchers. To participate in the symposium, the PhD students are invited to send a short paper (extended abstract) related to their ongoing research. Two members of the scientific advisory board will review the short paper to make the decision regarding the acceptance or rejection of the paper. Accepted papers will be invited for oral presentation. We encourage submissions from all of the PhD students, especially those who (are at their later stages of the research) already have some research directions.
The students should submit a 3-4 pages short paper (extended abstract) that should summarize his/her research. The use of figures and/or diagrams is encouraged. The submission should include:
- Motivation and problem description: Describe the core problem of the PhD and motivate relevance for the ICT area,
- State of the art: Describe relevant related work and point out open research questions, • Proposed Approach: Present the approach and its novelty and significance relative to the state-of-the-art,
- Methodology: Sketch the methodology that is (or will be) adopted and, in particular, the approach to be taken for evaluating the results of the work,
- Results and work in progress: Describe the current status of the work and results that have been reached so far.
PhD Symposium Co-chair(s)
- Majid Iqbal Khan, COMSATS Institute of IT, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Muhammad Tanvir Afzal, M.A Jinnah University, Islamabad, Pakistan